- Your files are saved in .STL format – (Click here for a guide)
- Check your files are saved in mm.
- You’ve read our pages on pricing and nesting.
- Express orders must be paid before 4pm on weekdays or the lead time will start from the next working day.
- Lead times are estimated – print failures, power cuts etc although rare can delay shipping.
- Quotes are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Our minimum order is £40+VAT and shipping on both Economy and Express.
- 5% discount applied to all orders.
- Super fast.
- No maximum filesize.
- Upload multiple files at the same time.
- Emailed and Printable PDF quote with part dimensions and visuals.
- Payment by card or Paypal.
- View your models on screen.
- Instant checkout.
- Payment by card or Paypal.
- Only answered during work hours.
- No in browser visualisation.
- We can’t advise you on making it cheaper.
- Max file size is 25MB.
- Can’t view express and economy quotes simultaneously.
Welcome to our new faster upload
We’re sure you’ll like our new system – its much faster, smoother and vastly more functional version than our old one. You are able to add multiple files at the same time, you’re able to select each finishing option and quantities and save different versions of the quote to suit your needs, and able to check out whenever you want day or night. There is no maximum filesize.
You will be emailed a quote – please check your junk mail if it has not arrived within 15 minutes during working hours!
Why is my model so expensive?
There are a few possibilities as to why your model is expensive when quoted.
Large things – volume is key. We are charging on the bounding box around the model and a large model has a large bounding box. It’s just the nature of 3D printing that large parts will be expensive.
We have a minimum part charge which may apply to small parts on smaller orders. The minimum part charge is to cover the cleaning process as it’s very time consuming to hand clean very small things with a high pressure air gun. To avoid this charge check our guides on spruing and sinter boxes.
If you are using the automatic uploader it may be that your model has ‘noise shells’ counting as bodies each being charged at £2. If the dimensions of your file are pretty small and you’re being quoted a big round figure that’s a multiple of 2 try the manual upload where we can check and fix your file before quoting.
The process. We are using the Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) process using large industrial machines. There are cheaper alternatives but they produce different results.
Are there discounts for students?
Are there discounts for low volume manufacture/batch production runs?
Have a read of our 3D Printed Low Volume/Batch Production Runs page for information on price breaks and more.
Why won't my model upload to the automatic system?
There is a maximum filesize of 25mb so do check that your file isn’t edging towards that.
Files that are too long/big will not be accepted either. The maximum dimensions are currently 300mm x 230mm x 190mm. If your file is larger than this it may still be possible for us to print it so please try the Manual Upload and we can advise on what’s best to do.
How can I view my model/check my model is the right scale?
You have two easy options. You can either upload your file on our Automatic Upload which will give you a visualisation and will display the dimensions of your part in the top right of the visualisation box.
Alternatively you can download a free STL viewer. Netfabb Basic is totally free and does the job perfectly.