Job opportunities at 3DPRINTUK
Sign up to our Jobs mailing list to be the first to hear about our latest openings.
Occasionally, we have openings for work on either a part or full time basis. Please keep your eyes peeled on this page if you want to get into the industry.
We look for nice people with good attitudes over qualifications.
Please see below the list of current vacancies:
Post-Processing and Dispatch Technician- job post
£22,000 a year – Full-time, Permanent
3DPRINTUK is a young and passionate company within the 3D Printing industry; we are one of the best known names for SLS printing and have a reputation for delivering prototypes and end-use products to the highest standards.
General Overview of Position:
This position is for a Post-Processing and dispatch technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for print orders once they have finished printing, up until they leave the premises. This includes all post-processing methods and effectively managing the flow of dispatching complete orders, this is an average of 1000 orders per month. 3DPRINTUK is a fast-growing company and the number of orders shipped per month is expected to rise.
Orders are split into different lead times and different forms of post-processing; the successful candidate will take responsibility for orders as they pass through the system. You will be required to provide reports to your line managers regarding order status, problems with orders or generic issues that arise with the operating systems.
This is an entry-level role within the company working as an integral part of a small team. No experience or qualifications are necessary, and you will receive full training on all aspects of the role.
· Understand and use our order management system
· Sort orders through the different post processes
· Prioritise orders as per their urgency
· Work with others to get orders through the system
· Understand and operate the various machines involved in post-processing
· Unload and load builds from the 3D printers
· Be responsible for identifying and reporting errors or issues to your line managers
· Contact clients to let them know about any issues with their orders
· Have a basic working knowledge of the printers on site
· Maintaining and managing cleanliness of your working area and regularly used machinery to a high standard.
· Moving equipment/stock between rooms, some of this stock is 20+KG’s in weight. Lifting aids will be available but you may be required to carry some items without aid for short distances.
Software you will use:
· STL 3D viewers
· 3DPRINTUK’s own developed order management software
· Microsoft Office
· Email clients
· 0700 – 1500 Monday to Friday with rest periods, totalling 1 hour to be taken throughout the day.
· On rare occasions you may be required to work outside of these set hours for task completion. This will not be a regular occurrence but is a condition that candidates must be aware of.
· Occasional Sunday shifts may be offered out if regular staff are not available. You will be compensated for your time.
· £18,000 per annum starting salary, subject to a pay rise to £22,000 after 1 month of training.
· Salary review annually at company year-end (August)
· Individual Christmas bonus based on performance
· Staff events and meals
· Pension will be set up in your name as per the Workplace Pension Scheme
· 21 days personal Holiday + bank holidays + an enforced shut down over the Christmas period (additional to the 21 days)
· Occupational Health Check carried out at regular intervals
· Additional ‘Special Leave’ days can be requested as per the company handbook for things such as property moves, volunteering etc.
· Printing allowance – you have access to some of the highest quality printers on the market, so it is only fair we offer an allowance of £100 of free parts to be printed, parts are subject to approval by management.
There will be a 3-month probationary period that will be used to test your ability to meet our requirements. A meeting at the 2-month mark will be used as a performance review.
Full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided free of charge because of the high levels of dust and heat in the environment. Due to the levels of dust, safety masks must be worn at all times while de-powdering. These masks are fully P3 rated for the level of dust, but they can be slightly restrictive in nature. We advise people that suffer from Asthma or other respiratory conditions to consider this before applying.
If necessary, it would also be a requirement that when wearing the mask the individual must be aware that being clean-shaven is the only way to ensure a proper seal and provide full protection. This is a Health and Safety issue as facial hair can interrupt the seal on the masks and allow particles to bypass the filters.
Please note: This is NOT a role for someone looking to move into creative or 3D design, there will not be progression into other areas of the company, however, there is likely to be progression in the role as well as performance-based pay rises.
Application deadline: 18/06/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: From £22,000.00 per year
- Performance bonus
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff are required to wear face coverings when working with others outside of their working bubble.
Staff must sterilise their hands upon entry to the building, and before and after handing equipment of other staff members.
Work remotely: No
Sign up for job vacancy alerts
Q:If there are no vacancies, does that mean that there are sales jobs?
A: No, sadly this means that there are no sales Jobs either.
Q:If there are no vacancies, does that mean that there are marketing jobs?
A: No, sadly this means that there are no marketing Jobs either.
Q:If there are no vacancies, does that mean that there are internships?
A: No, sadly this means that there are no internships either.