Occasionally, we have openings for work on either a part or full time basis. Please keep your eyes peeled on this page if you want to get into the industry. We look for nice people with good attitudes over qualifications.
Please see below the list of current vacancies:
Model Post Processing and Dispatch Manager
3DPRINTUK is a young and passionate company within the 3D Printing industry; we are one of the best known names for SLS printing and have a reputation for delivering prototypes and end use products to the highest standards.
General Overview of Position:
This position is for a lower managerial and combined processor role. The successful candidate will be in charge of print orders once they finish printing, up until they leave the premises. This also includes all post-processing methods and effectively managing dispatch, this is an average of 450 orders per month.
Orders are split into different lead times and different forms of post processing. Ultimate responsibility on all outgoing orders will fall to the candidate. You will be required to provide reports to your line managers regarding order status, problems with orders or generic issues that arise with the operating systems.
This role however is not solely management. Your time will be split between dispatch management, de-powdering and finishing. You will be expected to assist with model cleaning and counting of orders. Ideal candidates will have had management experience, but we will consider candidates who can provide proof of working within relevant fields (e.g. logistics, 3D printing) for a minimum continual period of 2 years.
- Understand and use our order management system
- Sort orders through the different post processes
- Prioritise orders in as per their urgency
- Work with and manage others to get orders through the system
- De-powdering of parts
- Understand and operate the various machines involved in post processing
- Be responsible for identifying and reporting errors or issues to you line managers
- Contact clients to let them know about any issues with their orders
- Have a basic working knowledge of the printers on site
- Perform a print change over on a Sunday once every 9-10 weeks (5 times a year minimum)
- Maintaining and managing cleanliness of working areas
Please note: This is NOT a role for someone looking to move into 3D design; there will not be progression into other areas of the company.
Software you will use:
- STL 3D viewers
- Microsoft Office
- Email clients
- Ordering System
- 10:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday with rest periods, totalling 1 hour given at specific times of the day.
- You may be required to work outside of these set hours for task completion. This will not be a regular occurrence, but is a condition candidates must be aware of.
- One Sunday every 9-10 weeks for 3 hours maximum. You will be compensated for your time.
- £20,000 until trained, the training period normally lasts 3 months
- £23,000 once fully trained, and can work independently from line managers
- Annual salary review at year end (Also end of August)
- Annual bonus based on team performance
- Staff events and meals
- Pension will be set up in your name as per the Workplace Pension Scheme
- Access to 3D printers for personal work
- Due to the amount of training required a 2 year minimum commitment will be required, this will be a contractual enforced term.
There will be a 3 month probationary period that will be used to test your ability to meet our requirements. A meeting at the end of the 3 month period
Full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided free of charge because of the high levels of dust and heat in the environment. Due to the levels of dust, safety masks must be worn at all times while de-powdering. These masks are fully P3 rated for the level of dust, but they can be slightly restrictive in nature. We advise people that suffer from Asthma or other respiratory conditions to consider this before applying.
Start Date: August 1st 2017
To apply please use the form below.
Q:If there are no vacancies, does that mean that there are sales jobs?
A: No, sadly this means that there are no sales Jobs either.
Q:If there are no vacancies, does that mean that there are marketing jobs?
A: No, sadly this means that there are no marketing Jobs either.
Q:If there are no vacancies, does that mean that there are internships?
A: No, sadly this means that there are no internships either.