Model Post Processing and Dispatch Technician
General Overview of Position:
This position is for a model processing role which would involve sorting, counting and boxing of 3D printed orders. The successful candidate will be responsible for print orders once they have finished printing, up until they leave the premises. This also includes all post-processing methods and effectively managing the flow of dispatching complete orders, this is an average of 500 orders per month. 3DPRINTUK is a fast growing company and the number of orders shipper per month is expected to rise.
Orders are split into different lead times and different forms of post-processing, the successful candidate will take responsibility for orders as they pass through the system. You will be required to provide reports to your line managers regarding order status, problems with orders or generic issues that arise with the operating systems.
This is an entry level role within the company working as an integral part of a small team. This role is to be considered closer to a warehousing and stock management role as opposed to a creative role.
A trial shift will be necessary before accepting the role to get a full understanding of the job.
- Understand and use our order management system
- Sort orders through the different post processes
- Prioritise orders as per their urgency
- Work with others to get orders through the system
- Understand and operate the various machines involved in post processing
- Be responsible for identifying and reporting errors or issues to you line managers
- Contact clients to let them know about any issues with their orders
- Have a basic working knowledge of the printers on site
- Perform a print change over on a Sunday once every 9-10 weeks (5 times a year minimum)
- Maintaining and managing cleanliness of working areas to a high standard.
- Moving equipment/stock between rooms, some of this stock is 20+KG’s in weight. Lifting aids will be available but you may be required to carry some items without aid for short distances.
- Management of stock control.
Please note: This is NOT a role for someone looking to move into 3D design, there will not be progression into other areas of the company.
Software you will use:
- STL 3D viewers
- Microsoft Office
- Email clients
- 09:00 – 17:00 (Working hours may shift by +/- 1 hour depending on circumstances) Monday to Friday with rest periods, totalling 1 hour given at specific times of the day.
- You may be required to work outside of these set hours for task completion. This will not be a regular occurrence, but is a condition candidates must be aware of.
- One Sunday every 9-10 weeks for roughly 3 hours. You will be compensated for your time.
- £18,000 per annum rising to £21,000 after training period is completed.
- Salary review annually at company year-end (August).
- Individual Christmas bonus based on performance.
- Staff events and meals
- Pension will be set up in your name as per the Workplace Pension Scheme
- 21 days personal Holiday + bank holidays + an enforced shut down over the Christmas period
- Occupational Health Check carried out once per year
- Additional ‘Special Leave’ days can be requested as per company handbook for things such as property moves, volunteering etc.
- Printing allowance – you have access to some of the highest quality printers on the market, so it is only fair we offer an allowance of free parts to be printed.
There will be a 3 month probationary period that will be used to test your ability to meet our requirements. A meeting at the end of the 3 month period can be used as a performance review.
Full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided free of charge because of the high levels of dust and heat in the environment. Due to the levels of dust, safety masks must be worn at all times while de-powdering. These masks are fully P3 rated for the level of dust, but they can be slightly restrictive in nature. We advise people that suffer from Asthma or other respiratory conditions to consider this before applying.
If necessary, it would also be a requirement that when wearing the mask the individual must be aware that being clean shaven is the only way to ensure a proper seal and provide the full protection. This is a Health and Safety issue as facial hair can interrupt the seal on the masks and allow particles to bypass the filters.
Sign up for job vacancy alerts
Q:If there are no vacancies, does that mean that there are sales jobs?
A: No, sadly this means that there are no sales Jobs either.
Q:If there are no vacancies, does that mean that there are marketing jobs?
A: No, sadly this means that there are no marketing Jobs either.
Q:If there are no vacancies, does that mean that there are internships?
A: No, sadly this means that there are no internships either.