This statement sets out what information we collect, store and what we do with it.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
In order for 3DPRINTUK Limited to carry out its functions and activities, we need to collect certain information. The information we collect can be categorised as follows:
- Personal details including names and titles
- Company details
- Preferred contact details such as postal address, email, and telephone numbers
- Files uploaded for printing
- A record of previous orders, including delivery addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and transactional details associated with the order.
HOW WE STORE YOUR DATA AND KEEP IT SAFE
3DPRINTUK Limited stores all information on our database system, Podio. Our database is a cloud-based system located on servers held by Amazon. The software is upgraded regularly and we keep a close relationship with Podio to ensure your information is kept secure. Internally we have strict controls in place when accessing your data and staff undergo regularly data protection training.
Financial transactions on our website are processed securely by our software provider, Stripe for credit or debit payments or Xero for account payments. Any hard copy bank details are destroyed once the payment has been processed and 3DPRINTUK Limited ensures it is PCI compliant.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We promise to respect any personal data you share with us, keep it safe and will not do anything that you would not reasonably expect. Below we explain what we do with your data and our legal basis for carrying out these processes:
Legitimate Interest – We have identified these activities as a necessary function of 3DPRINTUK Limited. Unless you tell us otherwise, we will:
- Store the information you have provided us in a safe and responsible manner
- Send you updates about open orders you may have with us
- Store your previous orders and associated details
- Track your engagement with us so we can provide you with an improved and more suitable service
Consent – With your permission, we will:
- Email you invitations to events
- Email you with other relevant marketing material relating to 3DPRINTUK
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for as long as you maintain a relationship with 3DPRNTUK Limited or until you inform us otherwise. When your relationship with us ends, we will ensure your personal data is securely removed. Some data such as any orders made with us, will be retained for record keeping in accordance with accounting best-practice and our legal obligations.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Data Protection Act exists to protect the rights and privacy of an individual’s personal data. 3DPRINTUK Limited is committed to this, and it should be noted that spouses, parents and friends have no automatic right of access to your personal data. However, there are occasions when 3DPRINTUK Limited is obliged by law to disclose your personal data to external people or agencies. These are sometimes called third party disclosures. 3DPRINTUK Limited has internal procedures to check that the disclosure is appropriate and that the third party is legitimate before any release takes place. These third parties are described as follows:
- Legal Authorities and Law Enforcement: Where disclosure is necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, 3DPRINTUK Limited will release your information where necessary to these authorities.
- Service providers: 3DPRINTUK Limited may use services such as mailing houses under contract for relevant operations.
3DPRINTUK Limited remains the Data Controller at all times.
Overflow service providers: 3DPRINTUK Limited may use overflow services to handle capacity. Build file data only is shared and 3DPRINTUK Limited remains the Data Controller at all times.
The Data Protection Act is in place to enable you to control how 3DPRINTUK Limited and other organisations use your data. It is important to us that you know your rights and that you may:
- request a copy of the information we hold about you
- update or amend the information we hold about you if it is incorrect
- change your communication preferences at any time
- ask us to remove your personal information from our records
- object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes
- raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used
If you choose to unsubscribe from communications from us, we will update our records to stop further communication as quickly as we can. Due to some communications that may already being in progress at the point you opt out, please be aware that it can take up to six weeks for your preferences to be fully implemented.
You have the right to access the information that 3DPRINTUK Limited holds on you. This is called a Subject Access Request (SAR) and you will be requested to provide proof of identity.
Further Information and how to make a complaint
We are always happy to hear your views on what we are doing well and if you have any compliments or comment on the work 3DPRINTUK Limited does. We of course also welcome your complaints and comments and you can contact us at the following address: 3DPRINTUK Limited, Unit 1 Bow Enterprise Park, 17 Fittleton Gardens, London, E3 3TZ.