Low Volume Batch Production Runs
3DPRINTUK specialise in making you the most accurate and robust plastic parts for batch production.
“55-75% cheaper to produce parts
compared to CNC milling”
No Tooling Costs! – Easy design modifications – Batch production on demand
3DPRINTUK is the UK leader in 3D printed batch production runs. Our in house SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) machines are ideally suited to producing low volume plastic parts, from a few duplicates to many thousands.
If you’re considering using 3D printing as an alternative to injection moulding, our comparison tool will be able to help you make the right choice. With our online tool, you are able to input your file dimensions to get a 3D print price estimate, as well as your injection mould tooling and unit costs. This will allow you to see what the price differences would be between the two manufacturing methods for different quantities.
Need a refundable test sample first?
No problem… We understand that you will want to test your part before committing to a production run and may not want to pay our minimum order (£40+vat). Once the full order goes ahead we will happily refund the cost of your sample. T&Cs apply.
Alternatively, if you’d like examples of our material and the finishes we offer, why not order our Sample Packs?
Price Break Discounts
What parts are viable for 3D print production?
NOTE: As a general rule small is always better for 3D printed production runs
INJECTION MOULD TOOLING COST
NOTE: Small and complicated parts mean expensive tooling cost for injection moulding but not 3D printing
15 x 30 x 15
+ cost per unit
80p per unit
(2 x 40p)
NOTE: Why not customise your parts with your company logo?
40 x 40 x 10
+ cost per unit
£2.50 per complete unit
NOTE: Larger 3D prints can be expensive but you don’t have to commit to the high quantities associated with injection moulding
100 x 212 x 57
+ cost per unit
£128 per unit
Stay ahead of the game!
Join our clients who have already discovered the benefits of low volume batch production runs with 3DPRINTUK
What to send us:
- If you have an STL file ready to send we can give you a very accurate quote as well as accurate lead times and usually within 30 minutes during business hours.
- If you do not have a file ready you are welcome to send through any images or drawings of the parts you need and our design team can take a look. They can create a new design or even replicate an existing one, often within a week ready for print.
- Let us know the quantities of parts you’re looking to manufacture.
Advantages Of 3D Printing For Batch Production Runs
1. No Set Up Fees – We don’t charge set up fees for your production runs – this means that you can order as many or as few as you want and not have to worry about breaking even on the set up costs or mould costs like you do in traditional manufacturing, making 3D printing a viable alternative to injection moulding and the like.
2. Fast Lead Times – Due to the lack of tooling, you don’t have to wait weeks or months for the mould tools to be designed – simply place your order and we’ll put it in the queue. Our current record is producing 6,500 parts in 24 hours.
3. Your Prototype And Final Model Will Be Identical – If you choose to prototype your model with us you’ll be using exactly the same machines as you would with your production run, so your prototype would be exactly the same as your final model.
4. Shot Peening – At 3DPRINTUK we have introduced a new shot peening service that takes our existing, fantastic finish a huge leap closer to that of injection moulding.
Parts That Are Best Suited To 3D Printed Batch Production Runs
1.Very Small Parts – We specialise in really little parts as we can get these printed much faster than larger models. We place them in and around other parts in whatever builds we have on at the time, meaning you get your orders as soon as possible.
2. Clips, Mounts And Fastenings – The Nylon is strong, so a great choice for your small fastenings and fixtures. Very often when producing a product in low volume it is difficult to justify spending tens of thousands on tooling for these type of items – you may find that 3D printing will be the ideal solution.
3. Personalised Items – Again, due to the lack of tooling, there are no setup costs – this means that you can make unique items for the same price as identical ones. This can be great for small corporate gifts and the like.