Low Volume Batch Production Runs
“55-75% cheaper to produce parts compared to CNC milling”
No Tooling Costs! – Easy design modifications – Batch production on demand
3DPRINTUK is a UK leader in 3D printed batch production runs. Our in house SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) machines are ideally suited to producing low volume plastic parts, from a few duplicates to many thousands. The PA2200 Nylon we use is both strong and accurate, as well as affordable, making it a perfect application for your batch production needs.
Need a refundable test sample first?
No problem… We understand that you will want to test your part before committing to a production run and may not want to pay our minimum order (£40+vat). Once the full order goes ahead we will happily refund the cost of your sample. T&Cs apply.
Alternatively, if you’d like examples of our material and the finishes we offer, why not order our Sample Packs?
Price Break Discounts
What parts viable for 3D print production?
NOTE: As a general rule small is always better for 3D printed production runs
INJECTION MOULD TOOLING COST
NOTE: Small and complicated parts mean expensive tooling cost for injection moulding but not 3D printing
15 x 30 x15
+ cost per unit
80p per unit
(2 x 40p)
NOTE: Why not customise your parts with your company logo?
40 x 40 x 10
+ cost per unit
£2.50 per complete unit
NOTE: Larger 3D prints can be expensive but you don’t have to commit to the high quantities associated with injection moulding
100 x 212 x 57
+ cost per unit
£128 per unit
Stay ahead of the game!
Join our clients who have already discovered the benefits of low volume batch production runs with 3DPRINTUK
Get in touch for a quote!
If you feel we may be able to help with your project then please feel free to contact us for a quote. Our new Manual Upload takes the price breaks into consideration and is the fastest way to get a quote for your project.
*Please note, we only offer production runs in PA2200 Nylon on our Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) machines.
What to send us:
- If you have an STL file ready to send we can give you a very accurate quote as well as accurate lead times and usually within 30 minutes during business hours.
- If you do not have a file ready you are welcome to send through any images or drawings of the parts you need and our design team can take a look. They can create a new design or even replicate an existing one, often within a week ready for print.
- Let us know the quantities of parts you’re looking to manufacture.
Advantages Of 3D Printing For Batch Production Runs
1. No Set Up Fees – We don’t charge set up fees for your production runs – this means that you can order as many or as few as you want and not have to worry about breaking even on the set up costs or mould costs like you do in traditional manufacturing, making 3D printing a viable alternative to injection moulding and the like.
2. Fast Lead Times – Due to the lack of tooling, you don’t have to wait weeks or months for the mould tools to be designed – simply place your order and we’ll put it in the queue. Our current record is producing 6,500 parts in 24 hours.
3. Your Prototype And Final Model Will Be Identical – If you choose to prototype your model with us you’ll be using exactly the same machines as you would with your production run, so your prototype would be exactly the same as your final model.
4. Free Polishing – At 3DPRINTUK we offer a totally free of charge polishing service. This smooths the outer surface and can produce a near injection mould quality finish.
Parts That Are Best Suited To 3D Printed Batch Production Runs
1.Very Small Parts – We specialise in the really little parts as we can get these printed much faster than larger models. We place them in and around other parts in whatever builds we have on at the time, meaning you get your orders as soon as possible.
2. Clips, Mounts And Fastenings – The Nylon is strong, so a great choice for your small fastenings and fixtures. Very often when producing a product in low volume it is difficult to justify spending tens of thousands on tooling for these type of items – you may find that 3D printing will be the ideal solution.
3. Personalised Items – Again, due to the lack of tooling, there are no setup costs – this means that you can make unique items for the same price as identical ones. This can be great for small corporate gifts and alike.